Skip to main content

1st Run Back

I'm glad to report that surgery went great! Thanks to the great doctors and nurses at Mass General in Boston, the 3.6 x 2.6 x 1.9cm benign arteriovenous hemangioma soft tissue tumor was successfully removed from my knee.

According to the surgeon, the tan rubbery mass has been in there since the summer. The more hard efforts I put in, the more pain I would feel. In my post-op follow up today, the surgeon also mentioned that it is highly unlikely that this tumor returns and that I should be back healthy than ever again as if it never happened.

The recovery has been going faster than I had expected. I went from being in two crutches, to one crutch then to walking normal. Every other day I am making some sort of progress. Today, I was finally given the "OK" to start doing physical therapy to help the nerves come back to life. I was even suggested to do a "1 to 2 mile" easy jog, so I ran 1 easy mile to help in the rehab process. This type of exercise will help get blood flow to the area and reduce the numbness. According to the surgeon, I should be back in full swing by the middle of June. For the next 30 days, I will be doing light exercises, jogs, pool running, alter-g running and PT focusing on gaining leg strength, balance and conditioning.



Comments

  1. Sounding good, Ruben, you'll be your old self before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews