Skip to main content

Update from Boulder

Hello everyone, apologies for the long delay in delivering this entry. I've had some recent complaints about not updating the blog , so here it is! Originally I had planned to stay in Boulder for "only" 5 weeks to train. In early June, I finally got the call that I will be running in the World Championship marathon for Cape Verde. As a result, I decided to extend my stay since training has been so well. With that in mind, I ran my first race in 3 months - the US 10km championship in Atlanta on July 4th. That race allowed me to see where my fitness is and what I need to work on.

As far as the world championship marathon, we are taking a different approach compared to my last marathon. This time around, considering the race will be in Daegu, South Korea on Sep 4th, it is critical that I am well prepared to run in tough weather conditions. It will be hot & humid! History has shown that at the WC marathons, patience becomes key at those conditions. Runners who are better acclimated to those conditions will tend to have better results. After leaving Boulder, I will be in Boston for 3 weeks to acclimate to the humid conditions before I leave for Daegu. For now, I am continuing to focus on getting in all-around great fitness before I head back to the Northeast.

Comments

Total Pageviews