Skip to main content

First few days in Boulder...

I thought I'd be very bored here in Boulder but I can't say that anymore. I'm staying with a wonderful couple (Craig & Lucy) in a nice house in the Mappleton Hills part of Boulder. They have been living in this house since 1975 and absolutely love the area. I also live with two very nice housemates: Josh, who is temporarily in Boulder as a sports camp director and Cartha, who is a recent graduate of Naropa College and now works for the city. Since arriving here, I've already made many friends from the running and non-running community. Just the other day we had a potluck dinner here at the house and I was able to meet Cartha's parents (who were in town shortly) and many of her college friends. I grilled some BBQ chicken and the guests gave me thumbs up. Boulder is a very relaxed city with many things to do downtown. There are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops etc. and it is easy to get around because of the street grids. There are no tall buildings; instead there are just mountains and mountains surrounding us. People seem to take really good care of their health by either exercising or eating healthy. There are so many walkers, runners and cyclists left and right and you have to always keep eyes open for them. In addition, it's almost impossible to not eat well with all the gluten free and organic options around. When it comes to nature, the people living here have great love for the outdoors and seem to do everything to preserve the beauty of this town. As far as my running, I've met some great and down to earth runners here who have been kind enough to guide me through nice running places and kept me entertained as well. I'm coming around well with dry air and the altitude adjustment. I have no doubt that I will be in great shape once I get acclimated. For now, its just time to put in work!

Comments

  1. I can vouch for the BBQ'd chicken! Excellent. Good luck with your training and the worlds in August. It was great to meet you! David Hassler (Karta's dad)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews