Skip to main content

Week 1 - Fresh New Start

Monday June 14
off

Tuesday June 15
5 miles, 35min

Wednesday June 16
off

Thursday June 17
off

Friday June 18
off

Saturday June 19
off

Sunday June 20
5 miles, 35min, drills

10 miles

Hope you all are having a great summer so far. I'm currently in down time letting my body recover before I start the base training phase. This is still a fun time for me as I get to to re-evaluate a few things to better myself in the future. Things such as what vitamins I should be getting, what additional core routine I should add or what races I should look forward to. This time is also good to try new things, new trainers, new running surface, new drills, new recovery products or even new training methods because there is a lot of time to make adjustments until the first race (which I honestly have no idea when or where that will be). There are always things that we can improve on as runners, but we must slowly reach them year by year. However, we must also allow the proper timing to make those improvements. Summer is great because there's less pressure from school, racing, traveling etc. When the season starts, I'd like to focus on only 2 things: training and racing. As for now without any race plans, it's hard to design any training plans as well. I will wait and just do some light jogging for now until I have some of sort direction or purpose.

Comments

  1. Listen... you sposed to be not running a step on your time off son! Get big. Do work. Get money.

    You the man. You should try some new wild cross training with your "new things". MMA, choppin trees, kickboxing, extreme water polo, or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC,

    I agree with you with not running a step. Humans are always compared to cars in many ways, so I'll provide you with a good example.Try this at home: leave your car parked in the garage for a few months and see what happens. I have tried it already and I had to call a mechanic because the front wheels wouldn't move..ahaha. Anyway, for someone doing 90-100 miles, 10 miles is not much during rest.

    For new things, I am actually looking at trying new core workouts, so If you have any that you'd like to share, please let me know

    As for chopping trees, you see here in Dorchester, we barely have any trees, chopping them would be almost a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look into Tim Broe's new training group in NH, he said he's looking for a bunch of 13:40 no name runners

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews