Skip to main content

Next Race...

Back in April when I was injured, I circled one race on my calendar. At the time I was still limping from the back/hip injury and faced a long period of recovery ahead of me. I figured it'd take about 2 months to rehab, another 2 months to get into regular running mode and another 2 months to seriously advance to the fitness level I want to be at. Doing a few summer races provided me with getting back in regular running/competitive mode. Now, September/October are the last 2 months of the 6months recovery process. The race that I circled as one of my primary events for the fall is the 5k US Road Championship, which will take place in Providence,RI on September 20th. This race is very special for me for two reasons: 1.Because I set this goal 6 months ago 2.Because it will be my first US Championship event. It will be very competitive with maybe a couple US Olympians, team members and national champions from the past. I am basically going to try sneaking into a top 10 finish like I have said in the previous entries.

School has just started and I feel like my schedule is getting a lot better already. I'm finding a better balance with my teammates and coach G at practice. My daily runs and workouts are getting better already and this is the right time I really need everything to click.

Race Website: Here

Comments

  1. I'd jump all over this, considering if you look at the table of prize money, 10th is $15,000.

    http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USA5kmChampionships/athleteInfo/awards.asp

    Imagine if USATF was held to that?

    Place Open Men Open Women
    Place $5,000 $5,000
    1st $3,000 $3,000
    2nd $2,000 $2,000
    3rd $1,500 $1,500
    4th $1,000 $1,000
    5th $900 $900
    6th $700 $700
    7th $500 $500
    8th $300 $300
    9th $100 $100
    10th $15,000 $15,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what I meant to say actually was '...If I were you, I'd jump all over this'... because you can get 10th or better :). My PR would get me just inside the top 30 according to last year's results :)... so 10th would be a pipe dream for my elderly arse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ruben,
    like I told you this morning, keep up the work. I see big things in your future, and you're an inspiration for me to take my own fitness to the next level.

    Phil M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews