Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week After Cigna

Mon Aug 17
AM 5 miles, 35min
PM off

Tue Aug 18
AM 5 miles, 34min
PM 12 miles, workout: 10x3min on, 2 min off on the road

Wed Aug 19
AM 5 miles, 34min
PM 10 miles, 64min

Thu Aug 20
AM 5 miles, 34min
PM 10 miles, 68min, treadmill

Fri Aug 21
PM 12 miles, workout: 2 sets of 4x1k at 3:01 average w/ 200m rest in 61sec, 800m rest between set in 3:49

Sat Aug 22
AM 13 miles, 1:32min, hot & humid, struggled, only solution was to slow down the pace

Sun Aug
PM 17miles, 1:56min, felt good, prob a little over 17, last mile uphil 5:41

=94 miles

This was another challenging week. The workout Tuesday was great. On the other hand, the 2x4x1ks on Friday didn't go so well. Lets just say I was simply "happy" to be able to hang in there mentally. Anyway, this week was a struggling one for me. I can't quite figure out why I am struggling with training so much (even though racing is not going too bad). I don't think I am overtraining since I am doing about 25miles less than last summer. I just think that If I can fix some problems, I will be able to race a whole lot better. In running there are all sorts of improvements that can be made. These are some hypothesis:
1.Lack of general rest: sleeping 7 hours is not enough
2.Working a full time compared to working notime last year
3.Biking on top of running because I have no car.
4.Poor nutrition: My eating habbits are not good when I dont know how to cook and/or have nobody to cook for me since I am living alone in Lowell.
5.No training partners: With my busy schedule, I am doing 90% of my runs alone and 100% of my workouts alone.
6.No recovery. No whey protein, no glutamine and none of that stuff.
With school starting soon, a lot will happen. Some of this things such as work,training partners,nutrition will fix themselves on their own once classes start. I am hoping I will be in much better form if they do.