Skip to main content

GOALS

One of my high school mentors, Tony DaRocha, told me that goals have to be written down, otherwise, they are just wishful thinking. Believe it or not, I have always written my goals since freshman year in HS. I group them as short term goals and long term goals. They help me stay focused and give me motivation to train harder. I find it easy to set up my goals before the training gets tough. These goals are set to be specific, challenging and realistic at the same time. I am about to embark on a new training block that will hopefully get me in the best shape of my life. I feel very motivated and think this is the best time to start thinking about what I want to accmomplish over the next few months. If I can stay injury free, these are my goals:

Short term: 1 to 6 months
-get top 10 at the US 5k Championships on Sep 20
-run under 24min in the 8k at Franklin Park
-get top 2 at the USATFNE XC 10k championships

Long term: 6 months to 1 year
-run under 8 min in the 3k indoors
-win an NCAA title
-run under 13:50 for the 5k before June,2010
-compete in Europe over the summer

Comments

  1. I thought that you decided not to run for Lowell anymore. Did you change your mind or was I under the wrong impression? What seasons are you running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rube:

    Forget that top 2 at New England's crap! If you can get top 2...guess what, you can win!! For you, I do hope you attain that goal, but I'm selfishly hoping/wishing/thinking that you can realistically win. You're the man.
    Your Carolina brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I have not left Lowell yet. I am actually still in Lowell this summer training with Coach G. I will start grad school soon and I am hoping to be able to run both indoors and outdoors.

    My Carolina brother, in order to be no.1, I have to train like I'm no.2, as if im supposed to get no.2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews