Skip to main content

Day 9 (Saturday)

Im right now at Colombo mall´s Western Union typing this last entry before my race tomorrow, which will be at 5am US Eastern Time. I had a 7 mile easy morning run today and I am taking the afternoon off to rest and recover for the race tomorrow. After the morning run, I went to the pool to relax my legs there and do some extra static stretching. We had breakfast and a long team meeting to go over the positives and negatives of the trip here. I then had a light massage from our team doctor.

FYI, I will not be in the championship race of the Lusophone Games because I pulled out to give opportunity for another CV athlete to compete as the country can only have 2 athletes in the race. However, I am in the open road race of Corrida de Oeiras. This race is being organized by the Portuguese Olympic Comittee andwill be on the same course, 30 minutes later, also 10km.

My legs felt great today and I hope, if everything goes well, I can bring home a victory!

Comments

Total Pageviews