Skip to main content

Another transition week

Nothing new this week. Just another week of transitioning from XT to running. I wish I did more XT, but it was a tough week with finals, me moving out, and the pool being closed on most days. I have decided to stay in Lowell for the summer to train with a bunch of teammates. I am very excited about that as I get to use a lot of resources around. I hope next week I can still be feeling healthy. I am feeling a little sore around the hip area after the run - not during though - not sure why. Could be related to just getting back to running or not being fully healthy. Keep the fingers crossed.

Week 2:
Transition from XT to running
2 hours XT, 42 miles running, pool closed Thu-Sun
Monday:30-Min Bike, 30-Min Aqcua jog, 6 mile t-mill run , 48min, drills
Tuesday:30-Min Acqua jog, 6mile t-mill run,45min, drills
Wednesday: 5ile t-mill run, 37min, drills
Thursday: 6 mile run on t-mill, 45 min, drills
Friday:6 mile run along river, 41min, drills
Saturday: 7 mile run woods loop, 47min, drills
Sunday: 7 mile run woods loop, 47min

For those of you who are new to my blog and missed my previous blogs, here is a story the Lowell Sun newspaper wrote about me yesterday: Here.

Have a good memorial day!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Ruben on a well deserved article. I was at the awards dinner that night to see George Davis get into the Hall of Fame. You will be an obvious member of the Hall of Fame. I am inspired by your hard work and dedication. Keep it up and continue to make your mother proud.

    David Quintal
    UMass Lowell 1985

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you go from the gym, cross the rourke bridge, then cross the aiken bridge and finish at the gym that's 6 miles.. i like the route, wasn't sure if you knew about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats more than 6 miles. at least 6.5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruben I made 25 cents today... you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes Ruben. I forgot, when that loop is run from the dorms it's 6, but the addition of going from Dunkin Donuts to the Gym and back makes it 6.5...

    hey but you can jump on the riverpath and if you go to the end and back it's a nice 10 miles total, i think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews