Skip to main content

MRI results are in....

So I was supposed to find out about my results on Friday. Dr.Sigma decided to instead call our team treiner, Artie, and tell him the news. While I was in the track office today Artie came in and talked to Coach G and I. The good news: my hip is fine. The bad news: my left sacrum is fractured from the impact of the fall. Dr.Sigma specifically told Artie that I am not allowed to do any running for 8 weeks. If I do, it will cause significant neurological nerve damage and the injury will get worse.

I did some research on the "sacrum", according to wiki, this bone is inserted like a wedge between the hip bone and the base of the spine. I guess the only good news, is that I didn't break my spine.

So now, my outdoor track season is officially over because I will not be able to start running until June. By that time, there won't be any races to hop in and time to get into shape is very short.

In addition, I am going to have to rethink of a lot of things here. I am a senior graduating this spring and have not raced or worked out, so there is a possibility of redshirting. However, I am not sure I will be in grad school next year. I will talk to coach about this later. Feel free to leave me with any suggestions.

Thank you.

Comments

  1. Ruben,

    I have felt your pain - twice - although in my case it wasn't due to a traumatic fall. Let the weeks of rest work its magic, and get in the pool or on the bike (if it doesn't cause pain) if you're feeling itchy to be active. Feel free to drop me a line if you need anything.

    Take it easy bud,

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay with it my man. After a torn meniscus, then plantar I'm still eyeing the prize whatever that may be. Think of how sweet this will be when you look back when you're stomping people again & running 13 & change for the 5k...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your recovery, man. Don't lose optimism!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews