Monday, March 23, 2009

the ups and downs(literally) of running

Just like life, running is full of up and downs. This indoor season, I made huge improvements over the mile-3k-5k. I was able to run prs of 4:07-8:09-14:05 while still training really hard. In addition, I helped bring many of my teammates to nationals by helping them in the DMR and on top of that I won my first ever New England title in the 3k. Great times, happy times, many congrats and this and that.

I pretty much thought I could do anything I put my mind into when it came to running. I didn't even think I had given all my effort in those races. Two weeks before the national meet, I fell on my long run and hurt myself badly. I wasn't able to finish the 5k at nationals and came back to Lowell empty handed. Its hard to believe, I had top 5 times in the mile, 5k and DMR, yet I come back to Lowell still limping. and empty handed.

It's been 3 weeks since the fall and I still have pain in my hip. I took many days off because some days it hurt too much to even walk. Now finally this week, I have started running. The pain is still there and I am not quite sure I am ready for any workouts yet.

The days are going by and my much anticipated 5k race at the Mt.SAC relays could be in serious trouble. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do a workout with the rest of the team and I don't know how good or bad my hip will feel.