Skip to main content

Packing my bags...moving to the mountains.

A few days after my marathon debut, I talked to Coach G about the idea of moving somewhere to train for the summer for a few different reasons. I feel that it's becoming harder and harder to train during the summers here in Dorchester. In case you don't know, Dorchester is one of most dangerous parts of Boston, and possibly one of the most dangerous areas in all of New England. There have been several times where I've almost been attacked on runs, times when I've seen people carrying weapons and times when I just don't feel the same motivation to train here at all! With the help of the Cape Verdean Olympic Committee and some of my own savings from my part time job, I have decided to move a month to Boulder, Colorado for some peaceful training. Luckily, I work with some wonderful people who are allowing me some time off to train. I was just waiting for my graduation, which was last Saturday to finally get rolling. Tomorrow (June 1st) I will take off from Logan Airport to my long trip to Boulder. I don't know many people in Boulder and I sure will miss good times in the northeast, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the long term. For the past 2 years I've been either working, studying or both. With the goals I have in mind, it can and will be really difficult to improve unless I actually dedicate some time to "ONLY" training. With the Olympics around the corner and how close I am to making the standard, I need to take every opportunity I have available. Being in Boulder not only will allow me to gain quick fitness from its altitude, but also allow me to plan my daily training without other commitments or distractions. I probably will be very bored out there, but I think that is just what I need to reflect on the training elements, goals and objectives for the racing season coming up. I am looking forward to the trip and hope to be in the best shape of my life when I come back. If anyone is around and would like to run, email me at sanca617 at gmail dot com or just comment below.

Comments

  1. Your in the Rocky IV Mountain training montage mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop in the Boulder Running Company and ask if they know about people to train with. I met some cool people through the BRC and got a in with a solid training group for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews